Fathers & Sons Outing

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The weekend of May 2-3, Lincoln and I went on our first official Fathers & Sons Outing with John and his boys (John's ward). The location was Woods Canyon Lake which is about 25 miles northeast of Payson, AZ, just above the Mogollon Rim (pronounced mo-GEE-on).

We had all the ingredients of a great camp out: dutch-oven cobbler, roasting marshmallows, gorgeous weather, etc. Lincoln had a great time roaming the forest with his cousins and throwing snowballs (yes, snowballs in AZ in May) and rocks into the lake - which greatly amused all the fishermen. I've read somewhere that 90% of forest fires are started by unsupervised campfires on Fathers & Sons Outings. After this weekend, this statistic is hard to refute.

I still have memories of going camping with my family in my parent's VW Bus. Camping has always been a big part of the "Coleman" family and Woods Canyon Lake was one of our favorite camping destinations. The tradition continues.

2 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

Love the pics. Glad you all had so much fun: )

Anonymous said...

I loved the photo of Lincoln's hair in the morning. I am excited to see you guys in July.